The Life Mirror (Poem 2015)

A life played by a teenage girl,
A life overlooked
As it’s falling, you silly troubled girl
Sinking down to hell, so cruel
A life trying to snatch, drag me
A life where I may just be a fool..
I remember old pain,
Holding on, no breaking free


Before I was scarred. Beaten
I lost what compassion was brutally ripped from me,
Lust Was love
‘Downers’ were my chill & “Forget all about it”
Fentanyl & booze were my Feel good all over, utopic nodding warmth
‘Speeders’ were my feel good & go!
Memory gone forever


I love the feeling of chemicals breathing through my nose to the works of my brain
I crushed trust from those who stayed
I played all night & felt death in the morning
I threw out my health


I cleansed my body of nourishment and hydration
I cared about others opinions
The alternative was death
A life where I lived to die
A life being grown over,
By a life worth living.

-Emily Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, To Love. (Poem 2015)

Oh, To Love To know that you are mine Puts a smile on my face, Makes my world shine. Gives me goosebumps from another land. To ...